The printer will need to be registered during the onboarding process, Registration initiates the warranty and provides us a point of contact for the machine. This information helps us resolve issues in the field, and keep users notified of any updates or recalls.
The printer does not need to be connected to a network for operation, but you will need a network-connected device such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone to complete registration.
Scanning the QR Code
1. Tap GET STARTED on the Welcome screen
2. Use your phone to scan the QR code on the printer's touchscreen. If you cannot scan the QR code, skip to next section.
3. The scanned QR code will bring you to the printer registration form with the printer serial and registration code filled in. Enter the remaining information on the registration form and click "Submit". Once the form has been submitted, you will receive a 4-digit Printer PIN to enter onto your XiP printer.
4. Return to your printer's touchscreen and tap Continue. Enter the 4-digit Printer PIN from the registration form into the printer's touchscreen number pad to complete the registration process.
Can't Scan the QR Code
1. If you're unable to scan the QR code, tap the Can't Scan the QR Code option on the printer's touchscreen. Use your computer or mobile device to navigate to nexa3d.com/xip-registration
2. Complete the registration form using the printer's serial number and unique registration code generated on the printer's touchscreen. Upon submission of the registration form, you will receive your 4-digit Printer PIN.
3. Return to your printer's touchscreen, tap I Have Received the Printer PIN and enter the 4-digit pin on the number pad to complete the registration process.
The registration form asks for several pieces of information:
- Contact Info: Needed to get in touch with you if there are any urgent updates or recalls.
- Location Info: Needed to ship parts or replacements in the event of warranty service.
- Printer Serial Number: Ties the registration to a specific unit. Found on the product label in the lower back left side of the XiP.
- Registration Code: The unique registration code generated on the printer’s touchscreen if unable to scan the QR code.
Once the printer is registered, you'll be able to follow the next onboarding steps on the touchscreen UI of the printer.