The LCD screen is essential in XiP's print process. An image of each layer is generated on the LCD while an array of LED chips project light through the LCD. The LCD is a consumable part and will need to be replaced when wear affects print quality, which is usually around 3,000 hours of printing time.
You will need:
- 3mm hex key provided with the printer
- New LCD screen
Remove the old LCD
- Turn off the 3D printer and unplug the power cable before changing the LCD.
- Open the printer door and make sure the build plate is lifted completely on the Z-axis. Remove the Resin Cartridge, Build Plate, and the Resin Vat.
- Use a 3 mm hex (Allen) wrench to remove the four screws that attach the LCD to the printer.
Note: If any resin has cured on the screw heads, carefully remove it before trying to remove the screws.
- Lift the screen straight up and off the printer.
Install the new LCD
- Make sure the new screen is oriented with the PCB connector (located on the underside of the LCD) at the front so the new screen can connect to the printer.
- Place the new LCD Screen on the printer and make sure it seats securely with the PCB connector.
- Replace the four screws and tighten with a 3 mm hex (Allen) wrench until hand tight
Once the LCD is replaced, be sure to run the Build Plate Leveling Procedure. This can be done by going to the printer touchscreen and choosing Settings > Maintenance > Build Plate Leveling and following the on-screen instructions.
|Failure to run the Build Plate Leveling procedure after LCD replacement can cause damage to the new LCD|