Minimum Recommended Requirements:
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 10
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
- Free Disk Space: 30 GB
Download and Install NexaX
- Download NexaX
- Double click the .exe file in your download location to start installation
- If asked, select to install as administrator. Also we recommend to allow NexaX to pass through firewalls.
- NexaX Basic for XiP is the level of functionality available until a valid license is added.
- When first opening Nexa X you must select a printer and a resin for the scene. You can pick any available options to get to the next step. If you don't have any printer profiles available, select "Update to Newest Profiles" to get them from our server or "Import Profiles" and select the location of a .nxp file, which can be downloaded from the download page. We recommend selecting "Update to Newest Profiles" whenever this option appears.
Enable Graphics Acceleration (recommended)
PCs with dedicated graphics cards may default to using the integrated card. This will slow down NexaX so it is best to configure your system to use the graphics card when using NexaX. For example, you can follow these steps for an NVIDIA card.
Open NVIDIA Control Panel App on the Windows PC or Laptop
Click on Manage 3D Settings
Switch from Global Settings to Program Settings
Click on Add next to the program select dropdown
Select NexaX 2.0 from the list
Select 'High-performance NVIDIA processor' from the second dropdown
NexaX Licensing (for Pro feature access)
Select the Settings icon on the lower left of the screen and "Upgrade License". A license is required to unlock the NexaX Pro features or to prepare files for the NXE/NXD or XiP Pro. There is a second license in case the DentFlow module is purchased. Licenses are typically valid for 1 year and must be renewed.
For NexaX Pro, select Online Activation to enter your license key and get instant access.
Enter your license key to activate. Your key is typically provided on the invoice or from your reseller.
You must be connected to the internet to activate instantly. If your PC cannot be connected to the internet, you can follow the Offline Activation process.
Enabling GPU for Best Performance
For computers with both integrated and dedicated graphics cards, your system may default to using the integrated card for energy efficiency reasons. You can force your computer to use the dedicated card for the best performance by following these steps if you have an NVIDIA card:
- Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D Settings
- Switch from Global Settings to Program Settings
- Click on Add next to the program select dropdown
- Select NexaX 2.5 from the list
- Select 'High-performance NVIDIA processor' from the second dropdown
If no printers are available to select after starting NexaX even after importing the latest profiles, there may be a problem with the installation. You may need to do the following:
Uninstall NexaX, then rename (add ".old" to the end of the name) or delete these directories:
- C:/Users/<your user profile>/.Nexa3D
- C:/Users/<your user profile>/AppData/Local/nexax-updater
- C:/Users/<your user profile>/AppData/Roaming/nexax
You may need to whitelist these IP to allow connecting to our auto-update and licensing server (optional):
If you cannot discover or connect to printers from NexaX, you may need to whitelist these ports for NexaX on your network: 33459 and 33444, and also TCP and UDP port 3702, 5355, and 5353. Note you must be on the same local network as the printer - connection through the internet or cloud is not currently supported.